As I am here now at Houston, preparing for my crappy exams...Computer Architecture to be precise...not exactly knowing for what I am doing it but only understanding the importance of grade.... suddenly something from the past flashed up....I dont know why....but it just happened while I was observing my right arm ... it in a moment took my thought away to some action of 10 months back....it was a sunny day (as ever) and I was getting my things arranged before having to come over here...it was some 10 days before I guess.... I received a call ....someone from a blood bank calling me up and asking for my availability to donate blood to someone.... with so little time to think I dint know how to react up for I was very apprehensive with that feeling of shedding my blood in packets...anyway...I asked her to call up after a while saying I was in the midst of an important thing....And after a prolonged thought and asking my father about it (my father, my hero, he is always encouraging in what ever I do...I just love him!! I am gonna have some of my future posts dedicated to him) ...I called her up and said that I am ready and willing to donate my blood....then she asked me to call up some other mobile which actually belongs to the patient...upon calling that a beautiful voice greeted but I could sense a feel of being frightened in her trembling voice....I dont exactly remember her name now....but that equally beautiful as her voice...she asked me to be at a hospital (anonymity..? lol...its just that I dont want to let know too much about her...)... I met her up there... and to my utter surprise she is a teen hardly some 20 (I know 20 is not a teen, but to jiff up I described so)....and she is an utter beauty.... I know I know....am being utter non-chalant when talking about something of prime importance and considered a good deed..... but I dont know...I would like to talk more about it before I put an end.....Yeah.! she is an utter beauty....equally and most appropriately matching her voice.... she was graceful too...actually the patient was her father....she was graceful in her every movement....and asked me to wait for my turn to come up....it did come up after waiting for a whacky 1 hour (yeah...that was whacky....I dont know but I dint like that waiting experience....) after that wait...I had to go in the nursing room and then the nurse (lol...dont expect me to describe her...although she was good at look :P ..) yeah...she just slipped in that sharp syringe into my right arm (this was that what brought me here to write about it) and then there was a pack studded with red liquid after some 10mins...I dont know if it was a psychological impression or a genuine reaction that led me to being almost fainted...the nurse up there was might scared on seeing me so then....she tried desperately to get me back to consciousness which I did guess, a minute later....I was almost like dozed off then....slowly gathered my complete conscious and gladly took the fruit drinks offered by her..... after some 15 minutes I was back to normal and took off from there before I called up that gal and informed her about I am being done. Well, I thought of she thanking me personally but that did not happen....may be she was busy with some other important things ( I was a fool played by the thought of she not being gratitude for my help not really understanding her situation...).... After a few days...I called her up to inquire up about her father's situation and she was again the same ...brisk and short at her conversation...that really annoyed me...and I soon hanged up the phone only after learning her father was doing fine..... But some days later I received a call from her....I was happy to see that....but upon receiving it...she did not bestow any thanks (of course I am not fascinated about collecting someones thanks, but I feel it forms some one's moral responsibility to do so)....she was quick in asking me for help in finding some blood donors.....I said "okay, I will let you know if I find any" ..then the phone hanged up...and so was that issue there.....I never ever tried to look up for someone she asked....I dont know what could be the cause for this non-chalant behavior of mine....but that was there..... I still dont figure out what made me to be so insouciant and helping out someone in dire need....I still feel for that action of past....feeling guilty every time I think about this ..... May be....my little sense of understanding and thought of maturity could have helped her in solving the problem.....
Learned Moral for LIFE: Get your ego back and do the things of prime importance which could make someone, somewhere, sometime happy! You will sense it great, for sure!
By the way, my blood group is B Positive :-)
1 comment:
U started of with some thing that has been a thorn in ur leg since the past few days, the Computer Architecture mania, dragged the attention in the middle just by increasing the curiosity, about the condition of her dad n about her too. :D. The last line seems to be the actual side of urs, humorous. Loved it dude.
Post a Comment